Welcome to The Puzey Family Practice website
We are currently offering the COVID-19 booster vaccine.
If you have received a text invite from the NHS and would like to book an appointment please call the surgery, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the surgery.
You do not need to be a registered patient at the surgery to have your booster vaccine.
Our doors will be open again on Monday 19 July from 7am to 7pm
All of our appointments can be booked by telephone or by visiting the reception team at the surgery. We are offering telephone appointments or face to face should you feel this is more appropriate.
Please use the self-check in screens at the surgery when you arrive for your appointment and take a seat in the waiting room.
We kindly ask that you continue to wear a face covering as per NHS guidelines and that you do NOT attend the surgery if you have symptoms of Covid-19.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation over the past year and for your continued support during these uncertain times.
The Practice Team
COVID-19 Vaccination Status
From 17 May 2021, people in England who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can demonstrate their vaccination status for international travel. A full course is currently two doses of any approved vaccine. Vaccine status will be available from:
* the NHS app which you can download from app stores
* the NHS website
It may take more than a week for your identity to be checked and verified so you can use this service.
If you cannot access the online services, and you have had 2 vaccines, you can request a paper letter from the NHS by calling 119. Only call 119 if you are due to travel abroad in the near future and have had your second dose more than 5 working days ago. It may take 7 working days for the letter to arrive.
This practice is not able to provide you with a letter that shows your COVID-19 vaccination status.
When you're planning your travel, check the latest information on demonstrating your COVID-19 status when travelling abroad on the gov.uk website. Make sure there is time to get proof of your vaccination status before you leave.
If you have any queries regarding the COVID-19 vaccine please contact us via our dedicated email
Owned and run by the NHS, the NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
Use the NHS App to:
- get your NHS COVID Pass – view and share your COVID Pass for event trials in England and travel abroad.
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it
- order repeat prescriptions - see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- book appointments - search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments
- get health advice - search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments. You can also answer questions to get instant advice or medical help near you
- view your health record - securely access your GP health record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines. If your GP has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results and details of your consultations
- register your organ donation decision - choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
- find out how the NHS uses your data - choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning
- view your NHS number - find out what your NHS number is
Image above reads:
Weekend GP and Nurse appointments for patients registered at any GP practice in Castle Point and Rochford
Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays
GP appointments 9am to 3pm
Nurse appointments 9am to 2pm
This is not a walk in service.
Contact your own GP practice to book an appointment, or book on the day by calling NHS 111 or the number of the surgery you wish to attend (below).
Appointemnts will be held at:
Audley Mills Surgery, 57 Eastward Road, Rayleigh SS6 7JF - 01268 740501
Hawkesbury Road Surgery, 1A Hawkesbury Road, Canvey SS8 0EX - 01268 682 303
Late evening 6.30 - 8.00pm weekday appointments are available at various surgeries.
Please ask reception for details.
The surgery will be closed for staff training on Tuesday 05th October from 1pm however the doors will remain open for Covid-19 boosters and Flu vaccinations only.
Read More »
Please note that from 1st September 2021 our Practice policy has changed and we will no longer be able to provide medical reports or complete medical forms in respect of patient firearm applications or renewal of firearms certificates.
Read More »
The surgery will be closed on Bank Holiday Monday 30th August and will re-open on Tuesday 31st August at 7am.
Read More »
Information from the Care Quality Commission
Our practice is inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to ensure we are meeting essential standards of quality and safety.
This widget provides a summary of the results of the latest checks carried out by the CQC.